The NITDA Governing Board
The NITDA Act, 2007 with regards to the establishment and membership of the NITDA Governing Board states:
(1) There is established for the Agency a Governing Board (in this Act referred to as “the Board”), which shall have overall control of the Agency.
(2) The board shall consist ofA Chairman
A representative of each of:
The Federal Ministry of Science & Technology;
The Ministry of Communication;
The Federal Ministry of Education;
The Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON);
The Nigerian Society of Engineers;
Four persons to represent affiliate bodies of the Computer Professionals’ Registration Council of Nigeria;
The Director General of the Agency who shall be the Secretary of the Board.
(3) The Chairman and members of the Board, other than the ex-officio members, shall be appointed by the President on the recommendation of the Minister.
(4) The supplementary provisions set out in the First Schedule to this Act shall have effect with respect to the proceedings of the Board and the other matters mentioned herein.
The NITDA Governing Board is divided into the following five standing committees:
1. Finance and Administration Committee (Chairman: Malam Mohammed Bulama)
2. Technical, Software and Support Services Committee (Chairman: Prof. Charles Onuwa Uwadia)
3. Standards and Regulation Committee (Chairman: Mr. Ibrahim Tizhe)
4. Research Committee (Chairman: Dr. G. M. M. Obi)
5. External and Public Relations Committee (Chairman: Hon. Victor Ebomoyi)
To read about the Board Members please click here.